Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cabs from a faceting machine  (Read 3676 times)

vitzitziltecpatl

Re: Cabs from a faceting machine
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 09:14:14 PM »

Good work there. You obviously know what you're doing, and sound like you have no problem figuring out how to deal with the problems you've encountered so far.

It's a pleasure to see the material you're cutting, and the way you approach it.

Shifter55

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2021, 12:13:54 AM »

Good work there. You obviously know what you're doing, and sound like you have no problem figuring out how to deal with the problems you've encountered so far.

It's a pleasure to see the material you're cutting, and the way you approach it.
Thank you, I still need to get over my reluctance to go with some of the in-depth solutions. Need to figure out a good way to do a final polish with a tumbler, and a durable design for a new style of cabbing lap that should solve my sandpaper quality issues.

southerly

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2021, 03:18:25 AM »

Nice work, great smooth curves. Nice to see some gem material cabbed.

David

Shifter55

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2021, 11:49:08 PM »

Montana Carnelian, this is much more river rounded and stained than the yellow, flat like it came from a rind too, and some Imperial jasper. That tuff is pretty adsorbent, going to have to watch for that when painting preforms to see flat areas.
How has everyone been going? I've mostly been fighting a post-lockdown-lift cold that the family commuter brought in, and winter joint issues.

ileney

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2021, 07:59:00 PM »

Beautiful. The purple smithsonite is especially lovely!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 33 queries.