Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Quiet Around here! Some recent cabbing fun.  (Read 652 times)

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Too Quiet Around here! Some recent cabbing fun.
« on: July 09, 2021, 10:48:12 AM »

It is quite a mix of stones, most are known to most everyone.  The one odd ball is the Mojave seam plume.  This Seam I found about 4 months back and am waiting for it to cool down out here to dig some more.  Sort of reminds me of some of the Moroccan seam material.   The Forest Fire is from my Forest Fire spot and not the Forest Fire that comes out of Idaho, totally different material.

socalagatehound

Re: Too Quiet Around here! Some recent cabbing fun.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 01:09:20 PM »

All of them are SWEET!!!!!  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Great workmanship and selection as always!

Craig

southerly

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 04:28:20 AM »

All top grade, love the colours in the copper mineralisation

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 07:27:32 AM »

Saw these the other day, and didn't comment. I think speechless is the word... .

The material is all great, but the composition of the cabs is what really sets them off. Very complimentary shapes for the colors and internal features on all of them.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 07:01:56 PM »

Thank you,  since I don't sell this is my only feedback on the forum.  I cut them, stick them in trays and onto shelves to lead lonely lives.  If only I see them and there isn't feedback It takes away some of the joy of creating something beautiful.  Always good and important to hear feedback as I try new shapes and patterns.

Stonemon

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 08:01:39 PM »

Steve,
Why not share your beautiful pieces? Is there a reason you do not sell? The quality is better than most available out there. I am just asking. There are a lot of folks who would like to take your work one step farther.
Anyway, beautiful work you are doing and if it collects dust for the foreseeable future that is OK
Thanks for sharing...

Bill

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 10:39:55 AM »

I haven't needed the money as of yet but I guess I just don't know what fair prices would be, so subjective on a lot of materials.  Of course most importantly is how/where.  I have my website and even another that I bought years ago "greatstones.com" that I have never used but my web skills are meager at best and my rockhoundingusa website I built with antique software so it isn't very platform friendly or easily adaptable.  Seems like a mountain to climb if I went down that road.

victor1941

• Retired art/science teacher
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 12:31:14 PM »

Those cabs are superb in both design and color quality. I wonder if you put a price on this site for each stone.   There should be several members that can give you accurate prices that you could use if you did want to sell.

Opal Mike

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 10:31:40 PM »

Hello to everyone…Thankyou Steve for your great work. The difference between a cutter and an artist clearly evidenced here. Attention and respect in presenting the natural stones in ways that enhance their beauty and are pleasing to the eye… Sadly I rarely see this quality of work here in Australia…where high end lapidary skill is pretty rare.

Good friend on mine Murray Thompson from desertfire designs is one exception. Check out his Instagram and website..his gold in quartz..unbelievable, as are his other gems.

I haven’t been here in ages. Thanks to Vince for messaging me and providing me with a pathway back in…I forgot all my log in info, even the name of the forum..

Cheers to all and well done again Steve,

Mike

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 11:09:26 PM »

Thanks so much for the kind words I appreciate it so much.  I went to the desert fire designs website and looked at the work.  Some lovely stuff coming out there.

ileney

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 07:20:27 PM »

Every one of these is very special and different. That copper one is amazing! Where is it from?

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2021, 10:33:15 PM »

I am completely unsure where the copper mix came from.  There was a bunch of blocks of the material and a stack of slabs when that realtor gave me his wife's material.  I wish I knew but got plenty to keep me busy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 47 queries.