Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back in the Saddle  (Read 1367 times)

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: Back in the Saddle
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2021, 09:40:06 PM »

Thanks Vince.  I still need to edge it and add a tassel at the bottom, plus of course something to put it around my neck with...

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2021, 08:47:58 PM »

Progress from last night.  Started the earrings.  Pendant is done except I need to make a tassel for it yet.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2021, 01:14:27 PM »

FINISHED!

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2021, 09:02:08 PM »

Oh My!!!!!!  those are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!  I hope you are better than I at keeping visual reminders of the work you do.  Your pieces would make a great coffee table book.  One of the few complete sets I ever made (think I posted it way back when) also was made around the ammonite water theme, not nearly as intricate as yours or as beautiful but they do lend themselves to jewelry well.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2021, 05:40:15 PM »

Thanks Stevie!
I never thought about the coffee table book idea.  That would be cool!  I do save the images on Pinterest, and I have a hard drive full of them backed up to both the cloud and a RAID array.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2021, 07:29:50 PM »

I've done a few books and it is fun to be editor to get the look you want.  You could even do a few pages if you wanted showing project start to finish to show the process.  I did one book on the Singleton ranch where I collected so much great Plume Agate.  The book has Panoramas from all over the ranch, Pictures of all the wildlife on the ranch and then of course all of the great stones found there.  I printed a bunch and gave them to the family as keepsakes when the matriarch of the ranch died and we lost access to collecting as a final "Thank You" for the years of some of the best collecting I have ever had.  And it was a blast to put together.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2021, 07:05:27 PM »

Thanks Steve.  I want to do a few more pieces before I think about doing a coffee table book.  I actually don't have enough yet for a book.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2021, 10:03:34 PM »

I can understand it just because your pieces are so intricate they take a ton of time to complete.  That speaks well to your work and I'd rather see what you have been doing vs knocking out a bunch that isn't to your standards, Kudos to you!

R.U. Sirius

• asleep at the grinding wheel
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2021, 07:35:37 AM »

This is really beautiful, and well done. I'd like to know how detailed your plans are... do you make drawings beforehand? How much do you change your design as you go?

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2021, 10:28:09 PM »

This is really beautiful, and well done. I'd like to know how detailed your plans are... do you make drawings beforehand? How much do you change your design as you go?

I don't make any drawings or any real plans.  I just lay the stones down on a piece of felt, arrange them, and if the arrangement speaks to me, I use it.  If not, I add/subtract stones till I get something that is harmonious and works well. 

Once I have something in mind, I will change things as the design dictates.  I can have a design half-together and decide to use a different stone or different beads for part of it.  Maybe I initially decided to use beaded fringe, and change my mind and do a tassel instead.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 45 queries.