Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Excellent Indonesian dealer.  (Read 580 times)

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Excellent Indonesian dealer.
« on: November 04, 2021, 07:23:42 PM »

I just had 50 lbs of incredible Indonesian fossil palm delivered from Robbi Setiadi. It looks like superb dino bone. Good dealer , fast shipping and smooth transaction. I will be using him again. He can be found on facebook and his rough changes quite often and he will try to find what you need.

Rustycat

Re: Excellent Indonesian dealer.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 06:22:27 PM »

lithic, happy to see you posting.  I've looked for and missed your input for some months and worried for you.  Thanks for posting.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 08:45:03 PM »

My paralysis in my legs has returned big time. I have been using all my energy trying to save my gardens from the drought and heat but it is the wet season again. I have been making beads and will start posting , I have missed this place.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 09:44:54 PM »

Ouch, sorry to hear.  I went to check the dealer but I burned my facebook account Lol and won't make a new one even for a rock deal.  But it sounds sweet and always love new pretties.

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 07:56:00 AM »

We've missed seein' you on here, too.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 09:01:57 AM »

I am still working 40 hours a week on the computer which does not leave me a huge amount of leftover energy for other things. Old age is a completely weird deal all in all.

kent

• Fine Woodwork and Lapidary
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 06:06:05 PM »

Frank,  I sympathize with your situation. Honestly......I find that its completely weird that I am the same age as old people....   

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 06:57:01 PM »

I have friends who fake the age thing well , one even fights wildfires into his seventies. For me being disabled has stopped me from being in shape after gyms became unsafe for me and walking on my hands and shoulders with crutches breaks me down rather than build me up. Hard to figure out a logical path to goals when old and unfirm.

ToTheSummit

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 07:42:47 PM »

My father has dealt with struggles of mobility in old age.  He was always a strong, burly construction worker until it all caught up with him in his late 60s/early70s.  These days most things are a chore for him and I see the frustration in his eyes all the time.  His mind is still sharp as a tack and when he sits down at a workbench he still amazes me with the natural talent he has always displayed, but he tires easily and cannot do many of the simplest physical tasks anymore.  I'm not looking forward to it myself.  I hope to have a good 15 to 20 years left before I face that reality. But we will see.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 03:14:01 PM »

I lost all function below the waist for a few years and was unable to even use a wheelchair for a year but came back. I have not walked without aid for at least 15 years and it is up and down. Your Dad may be helped greatly by a good physical therapist. One straightened my spine enough I could walk on crutches and have a semi normal life again. Your Dad's recovery will be painful as the muscles regain strength but that eases in times. A recumbent bike is best for therapy as it allows your biggest muscles to work and get strong while being very safe from falling.As you gain strength your hormones change and you feel more vital. He was a tough man and is likely suited to the mental rigors involved with recovering his strength. Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 42 queries.