Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Woodward/Walker Ranch Plume+  (Read 92 times)

victor1941

• Retired art/science teacher
Woodward/Walker Ranch Plume+
« on: February 18, 2022, 02:22:30 PM »

This material was found or bought in the 60’s or 70’s and was cabbed in the last 15 years. I was sorting some Marfa plume and this was part of the mix. Included is the box of material I was making pictures from to use as a size reference. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55fossil

Re: Woodward/Walker Ranch Plume+
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 04:25:34 PM »

Fantastic material.   Maybe if you get time you could recut those into incredible cabochons. It looks like they were cut to size and tossed into a tumbler so the soft areas got chewed away. I went through that myself with plume agates and am now going back and recutting some of my early cabochons. Just wish I had some of that material in my recut pile.  Beautiful!!!

victor1941

• Retired art/science teacher
Re: Woodward/Walker Ranch Plume+
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 06:07:57 PM »

All material was finished in a UV-18 vibe and some does show undercutting. Some pieces may be reshaped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 27 queries.