Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Close out sale, rough and slabs  (Read 120 times)

55fossil

Close out sale, rough and slabs
« on: June 28, 2022, 03:10:29 PM »

I started selling all my extra rough rock and slabs last week. This is mostly self mined picture jasper from my claims in the Owyhee Mountains of eastern Oregon.
Here is a link with pictures on Craigslist:   https://portland.craigslist.org/yam/for/d/carlton-picture-jasper-plume-agate/7501279207.html
    Rough is mostly from my Deer Sky picture Jasper claim and my Fantasy Plume agate claim but there is also a lot of mixed from collections I bought years ago.
    Many varieties of slabs, mostly picture jasper and plume agate. Rhodonite, Jade Willow Creek, etc .....

I also have a lot of display material such as Angel Wing Agate plates from my claim, Willow creek cut Thunder egg halves, T-egg halves both polished and not, Petrified Wood Stand ups, heals for display, Dendritic Sandstone plates and quartz plates and geodes, etc .....

If you have any interest, just send me your phone number and I will call you. I can e-mail or call but talk is easier for me.

I sell by appointment. No mobs, just one or two people at a time. I am located in Yamhill, OR which is near Portland, Oregon

vitzitziltecpatl

Re: Close out sale, rough and slabs
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 05:51:46 PM »

Would love to pop over to see your rough. We're just a bit too far away for that to be practical.

We bought some of your Deer Sky a few years ago, and still haven't cut it all. It really is great rough.

R.U. Sirius

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 06:40:20 PM »

I am a bit too far to stop by, but I am sure there are lots of rockounds around Portland... There is a lot to be gained from downsizing. The pieces you decide to keep will become more noticeable and more important. To quote Bruce Lee,

It is not daily increase but daily decrease, hack away the unessential.

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 06:53:27 AM »

i am in your area (almost) here and there with my Semi truck loading GP paper products for Alaska.

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 07:51:43 AM »

I am not a "paid spokesperson" in any way - but I'll tell ya the Deer Sky rough is great cabbing material.

What we got had some typical picture jasper type scenery and some with abstract patterns. The picture jaspers can have some red tones in the "sky" that reminded me of western sunsets. The colors and patterns in the "abstract" rough were fascinating.

Better yet, it was all good solid rough unlike some other more expensive types that have been hyped in the past few years. Not full of little unexpected voids or cracks. We were very happy with our parcels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 30 queries.