Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HI from western NC  (Read 73 times)

Bobbymoon

HI from western NC
« on: July 06, 2022, 05:01:10 PM »

Hello,
I am new to the lapidary world but have loved to collect/find rocks and/or treasure for my whole life. I recently purchased a highland park b12 combo unit in rough and disassembled shape, but I am in the process of rebuilding and refurbishing it. I will post pictures soon of its progress. You will also probably see me in the identification forum soon. I purchased a lot of lapidary material on craigslist about a year ago and have no idea what most of it is.

vitzitziltecpatl

Re: HI from western NC
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 07:01:55 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

I grew up a little north of you, on the New River in Virginia. No good rocks there, so I didn't start cutting until I moved to Arizona.

AveIArts

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 08:31:48 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

I grew up a little north of you, on the New River in Virginia. No good rocks there, so I didn't start cutting until I moved to Arizona.

Isn't Virginia a lush and plush state? Meaning theres no problem growing eautiful trees and flowers? Dang keys sticking! Ugghh!
...the answer my friend, is hidden under a rock!
Anita

AveIArts

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 08:35:59 PM »

Hello,
I am new to the lapidary world but have loved to collect/find rocks and/or treasure for my whole life. I recently purchased a highland park b12 combo unit in rough and disassembled shape, but I am in the process of rebuilding and refurbishing it. I will post pictures soon of its progress. You will also probably see me in the identification forum soon. I purchased a lot of lapidary material on craigslist about a year ago and have no idea what most of it is.

A big HEY from Boulder City Nevada! These people here on this forum that I've chatted with so far are mighty nice folks! I'm originally from Texas but moved out here in Oct 1996. Glad to have you join us!

...the answer my friend, is hidden under a rock!
Anita

Stonemon

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 08:30:05 AM »

Welcome from western Oregon!

Bill

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 07:49:34 PM »

Hi and welcome  from the Washington coast.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 11:15:52 PM »

I look forward to the lapidary quiz.  Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you on board. 

Bobbymoon

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2022, 07:47:16 AM »

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 36 queries.