Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new cabbing machine!!!  (Read 3387 times)

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
new cabbing machine!!!
« on: August 29, 2014, 07:33:14 PM »

SOO STOKED!!! went to a retiring lapidary fellas rock sale today with Frank Lithicbeads down in lakewood washington, not too much good quality rough as we had hoped for but we saw this older diamond genie unit and after talking about it decided the price was pretty spot on so i purchased the unit :-) got it back home now and all cleaned up, just need a few new wheels and some expando belts down the road.  I AM HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!! :headbang:

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: new cabbing machine!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:49:20 PM »

The machine was from 1987 but had not seen much use. It has the fabulous feature of a variable speed. Gergis crashed at my place last night and we got the 5:30ferry off the island so we could miss some traffic and be there first  as I am not super mobile. After getting our treasure we drove  a short distance to the end of the Olympic peninsula on which Gergis lives and had a very scenic drive ( very ) to his place then I drove another 45 minutes to the far end of the peninsula and took the long ferry ( different ferry )ride back to my island. This plan worked out well and now there are going to be some very fine stones coming from both sides of the water here. I am almost as excited as he is . A super day.

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:55:54 PM »

i was six yrs old when this model was made! yes very scenic drive! amazing how big the south end of tacoma stretches out haha :-)

Itsandbits

rocks and people have a lot in common; one persons "leaverite" is anothers treasure

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 09:47:33 PM »

Very funny ! Everybody loves a tour of Tacoma.

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 08:21:30 AM »

Great score, Gergis!  Good on you.  I see many nights ahead of you where you look up after starting on a stone and say, "Holy crap!  It's  6 a.m. already?"    :laughing6:
Robin

iceopals

• Ice
    • Iceopals Jewelry
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 09:58:40 AM »

Oh my, that looks just like mine!   When I was first trying to get information about it from the manufacturers they were stunned that it was such an oldie  and still functioned.   I think mine is about the same time frame, but as I recall the variable speed no longer works.   At least I never use it.  Good for you!!!   They are workhorses.   Mine was used as a club machine, so used and used and misused.  And it still keeps on trunkin'.   (Knock on wood)

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »

SOO STOKED!!! went to a retiring lapidary fellas rock sale today with Frank Lithicbeads down in lakewood washington, not too much good quality rough as we had hoped for but we saw this older diamond genie unit and after talking about it decided the price was pretty spot on so i purchased the unit :-) got it back home now and all cleaned up, just need a few new wheels and some expando belts down the road.  I AM HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!! :headbang:

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!
Someone is going to be spending a lot of time cabbing now! 
I see it in your future!
Awesome find!   :toothy10: :thumbsup: :toothy12: :headbang:

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 09:43:30 PM »

Definitely a good score if you got it cheap enough to buy a new motor and new wheels and still be under market price. We both love our second-hand Genies. My unit was also from that time period, but had no variable speed. Was that available as an option at that time? I see the Bigfoot now advertised with variable speed, but have never seen a Genie with that feature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 45 queries.