Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Books on Jade, recomendations wanted  (Read 843 times)

55fossil

Books on Jade, recomendations wanted
« on: January 25, 2018, 04:58:13 PM »

I do have a couple very good book on Jade but want more.  Anyone can post on the internet and say they are an expert. Hopefully the books are a bit more exact in their science. I am open to any Jade books on where from, what is Jade and what is not Jade. Really interested in finding books that show and identify inclusions and such.

Why;  Well, I look at Jade pictures of BC Jade and it comes in all colors and qualities. They say Polar Jade is the toughest and greenest Jade to come out of BC and the northwest region. When I look at pictures of Polar Jade I see a great variety and this is on the site run by the mine owners.

What caused this:  Well, I bought a bunch of Polar Jade and there was a huge variety, even Chatoyant Jade. I thought I had been taken by a salesman. Turns out it is BC Jade and it does come in various shades, etc.   

thanks ahead of time,  Neal

lapidaryrough

• www.lapidaryrough.com
Re: Books on Jade, recomendations wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 05:53:29 PM »

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/320155.National_Audubon_Society_Field_Guide_to_North_American_Rocks_and_Minerals

For resources in your state.  State lands, local colleges. The state of Oregon- OSU & U of O, Both have some great material. Though you wont find it on line. Book stores sometimes i find reports.

My take on Jades / The formations found.  Botydoles & cleavage planes running together.

secondary formation from botydole jade formation is Jasper  ( Mud )
  Huge picture to see in rocks.

Silicate life form
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 29 queries.