Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: big day  (Read 1176 times)

lithicbeads

• Administrator
big day
« on: September 02, 2019, 08:30:25 PM »

I hounded with Gergis saturday on the beach and had a very very good day with large jades of very high quality and lots of grossular and other treats. Sunday we went to eastern Washington and hounded around Gergisville finding lots of enstatite  some very fine mixed color listwanite and some new hounding spots for the future when the roads are not insane. I got an hours sleep and drove half the night so Lithic strings and I could hound a new washout on the beach that Gergis and I had half covered saturday.She found a big , about 250lb very compact jasper and a very nice serpentine of about the same size.A little of a 500 pound piece of so so jasper was sticking out after hiding all summer. I have seen it half exposed after huge storms.We filled the pack with enstatite and black jade and left another 50 pieces of black jade concentrated in one small area for some reason  ( longshore currents ) to be checked out later this week. We got 45 lbs of prime rough out but  the other pieces prey on the mind.

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Re: big day
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 06:07:24 AM »

Awesome!  Looking forward to seeing what the beads will look like.   :occasion14:
Robin

ToTheSummit

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 07:03:42 PM »

I love your native rocks.  The enstatite was a favorite of the stones you sent me a few year ago.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 07:17:49 PM »

Gergis and I have found many new kinds of enstatite and jade in places far from known collecting areas. We have one new enstatite spot where it has a black body color and very strong flash and pieces well over a hundred pounds that I have been able to back my truck up to to get in the bed. Because of the watering I have to do at my place because of our multiple year drought I am way behind on cutting these new stones but making a little progress.

Sapphireminer

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 04:22:32 AM »

Good to see you had a very productive time you found some nice pieces. Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 35 queries.