Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Garage sale score  (Read 2393 times)

Jhon P

Garage sale score
« on: July 09, 2016, 02:49:48 PM »

I can't decide if I should go ahead and put stone on them or sell them as is. Buck 110 limited addition
Paid $50.00 for both one is mallard ducks the other is geese. Hardwood box with etched marble top

Slabbercabber

Re: Garage sale score
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 03:14:53 PM »

That's a great score.  I believe Buck makes around 10% of their 110s as limited edition.  So if you decide to rework them, it's not like you're destroying a valuable collectable.

Steve

• The Silver Fox
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 05:18:44 PM »

No, but you are altering an original collectible.................

Jhon P

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 05:43:03 PM »

Yes they would be altered. I could sell them for $125.00 as is. They only cost $25.00 each. or I could put premium stone on them and sell them with the nice presentation box for $250.00 ?
Or I can keep them and enjoy them myself for a while. The problem with something that was made to be collected is that they end up not being collectable. I surfed the net and seen that they have sold between $100.00 and $150.00 
 there was only 1,000 of each made and they are numbered.

southerly

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 04:11:51 AM »

Sell tham and buy a bunch more knives to put stone on. Stone scales would only destroy the value of these, unless you want a one off for yourself.

Jhon P

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 07:12:07 AM »

Thanks, I sent a pm to Michael Hoover and he said the same thing. I have found them selling for $100.00 to $150.00.  So now it is figuring out the place to advertise for sale.
Anyone have any ideas. If I was a member of a blade forum, that would be a good place to start.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 34 queries.