Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Onyx  (Read 785 times)

Sandsave

Onyx
« on: September 14, 2017, 06:03:02 PM »

Unknown origin of this Onyx, a member of our club brought two pieces for spheres. He said it came from Nevada somewhere. If anyone knows what it's called please post a reply here.
This one is 3 1/4", great line pattern and color. As usual onyx is slightly pitted and don't take a high shine. Still like the looks of it  :angel9:

Orrum

Re: Onyx
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 06:33:34 PM »

Hey is bit honey onyx?  Whatever it is I surely like it!

Jhon P

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 06:48:37 AM »

Looks good I like doing oynx it's fast and easy. The honey oynx I know about comes from near Death Valley (it's on private property)if there is another location I would like to know where it is at. When I talked to The property owner he Didnt have time to let me come and collect some  I will have to call him again and see if can get in.

Orrum

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 05:05:12 AM »

Hmmm I thought there was a place in Utah??

palmwood13

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 06:51:47 AM »

There is a place in Utah. It is down East of Nephi off the highway going towards Delta. It is a honey oynx like pictured.It has been picked over but if dug you may find some. I believe this is from Utah but maybe there is a place Nevada i don't know about.

Orrum

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 07:08:12 AM »

I thought so. Go to the Spring Dog Valley Knappin, the local rock club takes out rockhound trips. One trip is to the honey onyx place. It's right out of Delta/Nephi. Tell Dog Valley Dick the one legged cowboy sent you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 35 queries.