Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: West Washington State sites  (Read 2192 times)

freeformcabs

• freeformcabs by Shain Mayer
West Washington State sites
« on: March 22, 2018, 07:50:21 AM »

Hey guys, been silent for a bit with work and getting ready to sell our house here in Chandler. My wife work has now begun to slow down, and my contract work is slowing. We are getting ready for a retirement mode and can't wait! We just recently got back from Iceland and it was pretty amazing and have a couple trips planned throughout the rest of the year.

The big one stateside this year will be a month long(maybe two) stay in Washington State near Shelton, south of Olympic Nat Forest. It will be my wife and myself and two small dogs.   I am wondering if anyone has any insight, or can point to any content online for western Washington State sites open to the public or fee based?

I attached a map of the general area. We are staying in Walkers Landing area, just NE of Shelton about 15 minuets. Thanks in advance for any insight.
][/url
~Shain

rocks2dust

Re: West Washington State sites
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:51:15 AM »

Others may have specific sites to recommend, but I'll just mention that there are some state lands through which you may be traveling, so you'll probably want to get a WA Discover Pass.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 11:22:54 AM »

Upper south fork of the Skokomish, huge amounts of jasper and within a half hour of Shelton.

freeformcabs

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 09:20:02 AM »

Cool, thanks for the Pass info. They have a similar one here for Tonto Forest called the Tonto Pass. Mainly for high traffic areas close to the Phx metro. Nice, Skokomish is close by and was planning going that way a few times at least to explore the Nat Forest area. Thanks!
~Shain

Redrummd

• Global Moderator
    • Art In Stone
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 09:45:58 AM »

Upper south fork of the Skokomish, huge amounts of jasper and within a half hour of Shelton.

Yes, including some incredible "poppy" jasper if you get real lucky......

72polara

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 05:37:32 PM »

Google Hansen Creek for quartz crystals

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 12:43:32 AM »

shelton has a rock club on facebook also.
shelton rock club.

Also, i am in Kent, depending on when you visit, we might can hook up and go hounding.
the gold club i belong to Bedrock prospectors always had rock hounding outings.
One of the coordinators Jim lives in Selton, so i can hook you up with him also, maybe hound his font yard lol!

freeformcabs

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 08:44:50 AM »

Cool, I just might have to do that Phishisgroovin. We have not really any plans set for the month we are there, and though my wife is not really into rockhounding at all. We plan to get outside as much as possible. (Can't really do that here in Arizona during summer). Liked the Shelton rockpage on fb, they have a rockswap mid Aug.
~Shain

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 11:01:12 PM »

they are really friendly people, they are at most of the bedrock prospector events.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.499 seconds with 39 queries.