Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thousand oaks fire  (Read 2606 times)

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: Thousand oaks fire
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 11:19:15 AM »

It's time that wild land firefighters become protected as they protect us and become a US service like the coast Guard with proper insurance , year round pay and retirement benefits.

rocks2dust

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 12:32:07 PM »

It's time that wild land firefighters become protected as they protect us and become a US service like the coast Guard with proper insurance , year round pay and retirement benefits.
What a great idea! I'd also hope that disaster relief of other kinds be folded into such a national service branch. As it is, response has to be cobbled together each time for every wildfire, tornado, flood, earthquake, etc. pulling folks from other local, state and national government departments that have ongoing jobs to do. Has anyone proposed this in Congress?

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2018, 12:57:23 PM »

I've been out of the loop a bit due to things in life.
So, I'm just seeing this thread.
So sorry about all the loss of property, but it is good to hear that everyone is SAFE and ALIVE and that you will be OK.
Things can be replaced.  You cannot be replaced.

I have made this offer to folks in fire prone areas before on FB, and I am doing so here.  If you need to evacuate - yes I'm a bit far away - but I have an area to park an RV.  I have water hook up for an RV.  I have dry ground to camp on that isn't affected by flood irrigation.  I also have a spare room with its own bathroom.  It's not glamorous.  It's not a 5-star hotel.  However, it's safe.  We allow pets.  I have a pasture area that could temporarily take small livestock (We just need to add some fencing). I have grocery stores nearby - Target, Walmart, Safeway, Fry's, Albertson's, and a host of other ammenities including Vets, immediate care, and a hospital.  People think Queen Creek AZ is the boonies.  We aren't in the boonies here - far from it.  I'm 20-25 minutes from the I-10 coming down Riggs road.  I'm 40 minutes from Phoenix using the I-60 Eastbound and then heading south. 

The benefits:  I'm two hours from Tucson, and 2.5 hours from Quartzsite.  I'm almost centered between the two.  Makes for good day trips to both.

If you ever need to take me up on this offer, drop me a PM or an email.  Most of you have my email and if you don't, all members of administration have it and can give it to you as well.  Also administration has access to my phone number and can give it out in such emergency situations.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 28 queries.