Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I crazy? Benchtop buffer with a stop lever  (Read 1492 times)

Annaleise

Am I crazy? Benchtop buffer with a stop lever
« on: March 27, 2021, 07:05:43 PM »

Hi guys, new member here!

I am looking for a benchtop rotary buffer/polisher machine which has a lever that quickly stops the rotation and allows for quick changing of bits. I used this machine when I was working at a dental lab many years ago, and I've been unable to locate it since. I cant remember what company made it.

Does anybody know what this is and where I can get one? I know it exists. It was so cool to work with. You pull the lever down, and rotation stops dead and the chuck opens, and you can just pull out a bit and put in another one, and then let go of the lever and it starts back up again.

My searches have brought up nothing. Have I lost my mind?? Any help is appreciated!

vitzitziltecpatl

Re: Am I crazy? Benchtop buffer with a stop lever
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 07:45:34 PM »

Have you lost your mind...? You're here, so you must be cutting, carving, or polishing rocks... .

We're all here, too, so welcome to the club!

Here's a link to what you might be looking for:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwievbD7-tHvAhXhpFsKHTxDDLEQFjAKegQIAxAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.primedentalsupply.com%2Ffiles%2F16b-manual.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1N4Dn07zoAr-wDrco947eR

Annaleise

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 07:50:07 PM »

Have you lost your mind...? You're here, so you must be cutting, carving, or polishing rocks... .

We're all here, too, so welcome to the club!

Here's a link to what you might be looking for:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwievbD7-tHvAhXhpFsKHTxDDLEQFjAKegQIAxAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.primedentalsupply.com%2Ffiles%2F16b-manual.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1N4Dn07zoAr-wDrco947eR

Thanks for the quick response! I can't seem to load the link, can you describe it to me? Appreciated!

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 07:57:50 PM »

It's a link to manual for a Handler 16B Red Wing Lathe & Chuk/Changer.

I just did a search for "dental lathe brake handle", and it was top result.

The link should offer to let you download/view a pdf file of the manual.

Good luck.

(And, seriously, welcome to the Forum.)

Annaleise

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 01:44:47 PM »

Thank you! I knew it had to be henry schein but couldn't locate it. I was looking for a particular lathe and not an add on part. This is great! I appreciate the help!

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 06:19:25 PM »

You're welcome. Glad your search was successful.

If I may ask, what lathe do you prefer? Robin has a Baldor from a dental college that had bought new ones. She uses it for carving.

Oh, yeah - I had to look up "Henry Schein"... . I'm just a rockhead who spends more time on a slab saw than anything else.

Slabbercabber

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 04:54:10 AM »

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't pushing the work piece into the buff do the same thing?

Annaleise

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 07:37:49 PM »

You're welcome. Glad your search was successful.

If I may ask, what lathe do you prefer? Robin has a Baldor from a dental college that had bought new ones. She uses it for carving.

Oh, yeah - I had to look up "Henry Schein"... . I'm just a rockhead who spends more time on a slab saw than anything else.

I don't really have a lathe preference, as I mostly work on a foredom at home (I carve mostly) though I work on Baldor lathes at work and I like them just fine. I was thinking about getting a lathe for home though, and I wanted one with a brake lever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 42 queries.