Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rockhounds and it's a small world.  (Read 353 times)

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Rockhounds and it's a small world.
« on: April 09, 2022, 09:12:50 PM »

My friend from Texas and from Northern Ca. came out to break me out of the house for a stress relief.  We did several locations, my Purple Spot, my Forest Fire, my Coronary Plume and a new area I had found on a trip last year and turned into some great Moss agate, and the North Cadys for sagenite.  Trip was a huge success!  I got some great material and sent them home with the same.  I hit a couple spots of the sagenite in North Cadys and pulled out huge pieces!  The funny thing was going into the North Cadys off Basin rd.  As I drove in with friends following I radioed that the last time out there was a Sheriff Helicopter rescue taking place as I came down Basin, later that day a group of off roaders on quads came by trying to find the truck of the people who got airlifted.  I told them I was rockhounding and they seemed interested in collecting so told them which hills to hunt.   On this day I saw a lady who appeared to be rockhounding and stopped.  She was looking for rocks so I grabbed some purple and some of the moss and offered it to her.  This is where it gets funny.  As we're talking another vehicle comes down the road and it stops next to us talking.  The guy said I looked familiar.  Turns out it was the quad rider who now had brought his daughter from Washington to try their hand at rockhounding!  The odds of him coming out the same day at the same time 6 months after we had met the first time is astronomical!!!!!!!!!  Anyway I told him where we'd be and to come over and I'd show them what to look for.  They did end up coming over as we were leaving but I gave some nice sagenite to his daughter for her first trip.

R.U. Sirius

• asleep at the grinding wheel
Re: Rockhounds and it's a small world.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 06:28:20 AM »

That is just awesome, thank you for sharing!

vitzitziltecpatl

Re: Rockhounds and it's a small world.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 09:20:09 AM »

Glad to hear you had such a good trip.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 30 queries.