Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some help.  (Read 1631 times)

BigRedSquid

Need some help.
« on: May 11, 2020, 10:03:13 AM »

Hey yall im very new to all this stuff. I was looking for some help. I have a geode that has some sentimental value to me.  It was the last of my grandpa rock collection. I dont have any way of cutting it open with out breaking it. I was wondering if there is anyone in the vegas area who had the ability and would be willing to help me out or know of a place that i can pay do do this. Its not a big geode. Hopefully this post isnt breaking any rules thank you in advance.

Felicia

Re: Need some help.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:35:22 AM »

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Don't live in the area.

Stonemon

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 10:50:39 AM »

Welcome to the forum!  There are members in that area who may be able to help or point you in the right direction...

Bill

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 04:06:51 PM »

Here's a link to a club near you: https://www.snvgms.org/

If no one else comes out of the woodwork, you could contact the club. I'm sure someone would be glad to help.

ToTheSummit

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 08:53:20 PM »

I'm in Vegas.  Our local club would be happy to help I'm sure.  You are also welcome to come over to my place and throw it in my saw. I have 3 slab saws, 2 of which I use regularly and are always ready to go (18" and 10").  Shoot me a PM if you want to connect with me.

VegasJames

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 11:32:45 PM »

I am in Vegas as well and a member of the SNGMS as well. There is a geode saw at the shop. They are reopening the shop Wednesday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 38 queries.