Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My brother sees rocks differently!  (Read 2013 times)

ToTheSummit

My brother sees rocks differently!
« on: December 04, 2015, 10:01:16 PM »

Rocks are also a big part of his hobby, but as you will see he views them very differently than I do!  LOL

This is his Toyota Landcruiser.  This was shortly after he did his first lift kit. This was October 2008.

His passion for rock crawling kept growing.  Here is the same rig while camping Thanksgiving weekend of 2012.

But the last couple years have seen some very radical changes.  This is the same Toyota as of today...at least whats left of it!  The floorpan, firewall, dashboard/instruments, and windshield are all thats really left of the original Landcruiser.  He also has a few body panels to bolt on but they are highly modified.  It runs a Toyota motor (turbocharged V6) but its not the one that was in the vehicle originally.

The suspension has been reworked again recently (it has been heavily modified in the last couple years) so we took it down to a friends shop to push it to its extremes using a forklift.  We lifted one wheel at a time and wanted to see how far you could go while still keeping all four wheel in contact with the ground.  I'd say this thing has just a little bit of travel, wouldn't you?

Bentiron

Re: My brother sees rocks differently!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 06:25:05 PM »

Fun stuff that rock crawling!

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 07:08:06 PM »

thats a killer crawler, nice work on that one.

fossilman

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 04:32:44 PM »

Got a great friend in Montana that likes this hobby too,I get out when he does it-LOL.... Nice looking rig he has there,I like it!
God,family and life!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 30 queries.