Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fire agate pendant project  (Read 2244 times)

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
Fire agate pendant project
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:28:44 PM »

so......I learned buying rough by the pound is not very pleasing, you don't get alot of good stuff.
BUT! i managed to draw lucky!!! I got one piece, i played with it for a week to get this beautiful cab.

Today after work i stopped at the gem store near me, the gemologist put it under his scope to grade it (i'm always there they say they should charge me rent lol).

Well, upon first view under the scope glens eyes lit up, his smile went from ear to ear and he loudly said -- "WOW Randy, just WOW! you did great!

Finished stone is 11.69 Carats and top grade Gemstone quality he said.

I have a vision stuck in my head, black hills gold leaves and silver, AND -- since Black hills folks wont sell just a few pieces, I had to purchase a finished product to butcher and make into my "OWN" bail.

Teaser photo of leaves and stone.
This (if i dont mess it up under the flame) is going to be elegant, simple and very very beautiful i think (and fetch me a pretty penny in return too if i end up selling it to make all my money back (And buy more fire agate on a better grade  :LOLOL:)

Finished top grade gemstone cabochon valued alone to fetch a Benjamin bill and then some if sold retail.
but the bail, when done will also be worth over that itself, this is going to be absolutely beautiful if my vision can come to reality.
and all because i seen whats in the last photo upon cutting it out of the chalcedony covering.
OK, photos now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 27 queries.