Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cabin Project (Easter Update)  (Read 3001 times)

Asianfire

• Global Moderator
Re: Cabin Project (Easter Update)
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 11:07:04 PM »

Went up to the cabin on Sunday morning. A dreadful day, raining most of the day.
But saw some weird and fascinating blooms on the way. There seems to be always something new to dicover.

Trees that are in full bloom (no idea as to name)

Some iris, I presume

After finding out the name. "Dancing Crane Cobra Lily", I had to get a picture explaining the dancing crane in that.
Single stem, branching out to form the leaves, giving the appearance of wings.....

Found this cheater. :) very small, creeping along the floor. Needs to stand out, so produces between one to three white leaves to increase chances of detection.

But the prize for weirdness, must go to this fella (no idea about name)

Nothing special as such? OK, lets have a closer look

No wonder, that one feels watched at any and all times. Even plants are watching you...... :) :) :)
Anything not given, is lost.

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Re: Cabin Project (Easter Update)
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 06:59:05 AM »

Thanks for the pictures, Kurt!  I love seeing the flowers you find in the wild on the other side of the world.  The Dancing Crane Cobra Lily is especially beautiful and that last little white guy is so cute!   :icon_sunny:
Robin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 27 queries.