Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finishing old project  (Read 2196 times)

olgguy

Finishing old project
« on: March 04, 2017, 02:24:06 PM »

Decided to take a break from Cabochons and finish up a project I started. I posted a picture of my Faceting machine in " Experienced Lapidary Wanting To Facet" 0n 9/13/16. I cut a nice Aquamarine 15.7 x11.54 x 9.18 mm with 73 facets and 7.55cts. The design is #5.042 by Robert Long. I found a 14ky Pear setting by Stuller.com, 16 x 12 large enough for my stone. It also has an additional setting for a 15Pt. stone and I used a White Sapphire to complete the pendant.

Jhon P

Re: Finishing old project
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 03:35:19 PM »

Cool. There has been times I almost bought a machine. But I don't have time to do the things I want to do now.

olgguy

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 03:59:29 PM »

I understand what you are saying. Try Cabochons, Faceting, Carving and Jewelry and figure out a time schedule.  :LOLOL:

Trails

• Ever wandering
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 04:17:06 PM »

Very nice! I always love the pear/teardrop shapes. I haven't tried faceting one yet though, been stuck on the hexabrite styles as practice, it's only been a year of messing with my faceting machine. Been busy with silverwork and cabs myself.. few new hands in the workshoppe and it's easier doing those with the people distractions. I did just recently pick up a good size chunk of ametrine, a few pebbles of moldavite and some libyan sand glass in plans of making a few neat pieces.. just where's the time?!?
Tay

olgguy

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 04:33:06 PM »

I have been doing this for a long time and still don't have it down. Every stone I facet takes a long time and a reeducation period. So, unless the rough is exceptional, you can buy smaller stones cheaper than you can cut yourself, usually less than the rough itself.

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 06:15:25 PM »

Beautiful pendant olgguy!  Nice job on the aqua, too!   :headbang:
Robin

Kosbare

• Kosbare.com
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 06:20:14 PM »

What a fantastic piece! I am a big fan of the Aquamarine. I love the gold with it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

J.P.
Co-founder, Kosbare
kosbare.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 36 queries.