Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best and cheapest way to mail a cab  (Read 487 times)

Mossagatemac

Best and cheapest way to mail a cab
« on: March 28, 2020, 03:14:11 PM »

Now that many of us are under stay at home orders, I was going to send some cabs to friends to wire wrap in isolation.  Question is, what have you found the cheapest way to send a cab in the mail?  Still a noob but cabs are getting better!

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: Best and cheapest way to mail a cab
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 04:23:11 PM »

I have had padded packages crushed by the usps and the stone reduced to dust I use very small reinforced card board boxes and post first class.

55fossil

Re: Best and cheapest way to mail a cab
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 05:12:20 PM »

Box is best, agreed.  BUT   I shipped about 200 cabochons last year. Padded 7 x 5 inch envelopes (yellow bubble wrap mailer). I also give the cabochon an additional wrap of bubble wrap and tape a copy of the shipping label to this before putting it in the mailer. If it gets torn open the inside packet still can be sent from this additional label. I have never had a complaint or lost shipment with this. For overseas I have used the next larger size bubble wrap mailer.
    I buy the mailers in bulk on line, about 50 cents each. Shipping in the USA runs from 2 to 3 bucks each time so it is not cheap. I have found my sales are much better since I offered free shipping.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 29 queries.