Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denver mineral shows  (Read 1627 times)

Brucew

Denver mineral shows
« on: August 22, 2017, 07:20:05 PM »

I am looking for information on the gem and mineral show coming up in Denver sept 8 to 17.  I am there for a conference and will have time to check out the shows,   And maybe do some rock hunting,   Any one in the area or attending the shows.  Any information is very much appreciated.   Also anyone in the area that wants to get together for a coffee and talk rocks drop me a message.    Thanks so much

Slabbercabber

Re: Denver mineral shows
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 06:29:39 AM »

I no longer live there but when I did I often didn't even make it to the main show.  If you are a buyer the place to go is the two hotel shows at the intersection of I-70 and I-25.  That's where you will find cutting rough and good deals.  Outside in the parking lots for rough.  Inside for high end. The main show is where you will find finished goods.  Of course there is always carryover so if you have time, do both.  If you are into beads, be sure to check out the bead show at the National Western.  The mineral miners can be anywhere.  You will just have to ask around to find them.  I have always found their prices high but it will give you a chance to see locally found materials.

southerly

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 04:17:00 AM »

If you are after lapidary materials the Coliseum show is the place to go, if you want high end mineral specimens the main show and the Fine Mineral Show are the ticket, the main show also has showcases from the top museums and collectors, very impressive. Worth having a wander at any show for the shear variety and the wonderful materials available.

David

Amethyst Rose

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 09:58:16 AM »

Partly depends on what you are looking for.  As mentioned, the Coliseum show for rough and some specimens and also fossils inside on the floor of the coliseum.  The tents outside are mostly rough with some specimens and several equipment dealers.  The shows at the two hotels at 48th and I-25 have a mix of rough, beads, and specimens.  The stock show is generally wholesale as is the International show at the Merchandise Mart Pavilion building.  The main show runs the 15th to the 17th and has the competitive and museum displays as well as many dealers selling everything rock and mineral related. 

The Fine Mineral show is for what is sounds like and there is a new show in town at the Crown Plaza hotel and convention center at I-70 and Chambers.

My wife and I will be at the Coliseum on the 9th and possibly the 10th picking up some rough material and then doing the shows, starting on the 15th, 16th and 17th.  Have some custom work to drop off with a couple of dealers.

Bob Johannes
The Amethyst Rose
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 33 queries.