Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wood and rock  (Read 1996 times)

Brucew

Wood and rock
« on: March 10, 2017, 07:32:36 PM »

Have worked with wood all my life and at time incorporate some rock in it as well,   Memory box measures 5x7x3.  My latest piece of work.

Ranger_Dave

Re: Wood and rock
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:15:34 PM »

Nice. My woodworking isn't that good yet. I've been making bird boxes lately..... about 50 of them.

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 07:17:21 AM »

Pretty box!  You've got skilz!!!!   :occasion14:
Robin

kent

• Fine Woodwork and Lapidary
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 07:26:40 AM »

Nice. I do the same....boxes and rocks. Most have been reliquaries. You can see a few on my web site.

kpwoodenstone.com

Cheers   

Back

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 07:36:49 AM »

Hi Brucew

I really like that box :glasses9: I havent done any wood working in many years. I got a bunch of wood working tools when my Dad passed last year. They are setting in my pole barn waiting for me to get electric to that wall.

I am really wanting to make a portable display case for my jem stones. I want to get this done before fall so I can take them to our local show.

If you have ever made anything like this I could use a lot of help on the design.

Bless
Shawn

Brucew

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 09:18:01 PM »

Thanks Robin,  it's all things I enjoy doing,    Looked at your web site Kent,  you do beautiful work,    Shawn, I have done a few display cases, I will see if I have any pics of them to share,  I would be happy to share any ideas I have on what you are building

Back

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 08:13:51 AM »

Hi Bruce

Thanks for the offer :headbang:

So I will start. Final size to be around 4sq foot maybe 6sq ft. I think that would be a good size for a carry type display case. The back of the case needs a kick out so the case can be displayed at an angle.

Inside will need a backing board needs to be taken out with a couple of screws. This board will have at least a 3/8th piece of cork on that will be cloth. Glass top fore sure.

What do you think

Bless
Shawn

fossilman

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 08:11:18 AM »

As said on the other forum Bruce-your craftsmanship is beautiful!!! The incorporation of the rock and the style of wood you used was perfect!
God,family and life!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 42 queries.