Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A hobby with a lighter touch  (Read 1276 times)

Cabbin Fever

• [My first cab!]
A hobby with a lighter touch
« on: April 22, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »

My other relaxing hobby is much quieter than cabbing...watercolor painting. I have been painting for 10 or more years now and my new home in Florida is one big gallery for me! Here are some examples and a collage of some older paintings.
My first cab is from a piece of jasper I found on the beach in Newport, OR my first Mother's Day, 1983. I made it into a bracelet for my daughter Christmas 2017.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: A hobby with a lighter touch
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »

I look at a lot of art and the failure of most water color artists is that they have no unique style.I think your style is very distinctive , a huge accomplishment and I like them also. Way to go!

Cabbin Fever

• [My first cab!]
Re: A hobby with a lighter touch
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 05:13:34 AM »

I look at a lot of art and the failure of most water color artists is that they have no unique style.I think your style is very distinctive , a huge accomplishment and I like them also. Way to go!
Thank you so much for your compliment! I am mostly self-taught (plus good ole youtube tutorials!) so that means alot to me to hear that. :)
My first cab is from a piece of jasper I found on the beach in Newport, OR my first Mother's Day, 1983. I made it into a bracelet for my daughter Christmas 2017.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 31 queries.