Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Highland park  (Read 13237 times)

brentnewton

Re: Highland park
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2019, 01:02:49 PM »

But you know Downwindtacker2 ... never again.  I'd probably not buy another saw in this lifetime (ok, maybe) ... but ... sure as heck can't recommend HP ... on the customer service record.  Its a small community and folks share experiences.  I don't care if their saws can eat a mack truck ... I ended with a bad taste in may mouth and I have the funds to buy whatever the hell I want to.  That .. I don't know what you are talking about ... just does not set right with me ya know.

Downwindtracker2

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2019, 01:30:25 PM »

I politely told them that I had bought the steel and the brass to make my own split nut clamp. There was a "oh" on the line. We Canucks have a rep as being polite, I'm not sure that is deserved, but we also have a rep for partying, it's most assuredly deserved. Our Rendezvous is a blast, in spite of it being mostly seniors.

That overseas delivery thing . It's likely in the next container. If they were up front about it , some machine tool importers like Precision Matthews get away with it all the time, it would be understood. In fact that is a good model on how to do it. Maybe they should talk to Matt.

I know this doesn't help you getting those slabs done, you still may get before me.

Ray

brentnewton

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2019, 03:49:54 PM »

Whew ..just had a LONG phone conversation with HP. Owner ... decent talk.  I did not  hold any punches.  I didn't focus on my order .. but on general consensus their customer service and delivery times sucked ... bad.  Yes, the are on east coast.  Yes saws are made in china.  Kelly (bless her) is in-house ... mani in shipping is her cousin .. got way more info than we need ya know.  But my asshole point was .. you talk a good line ... and can't deliver product.  If you can't deliver product .. talk is meaningless.  I declined to provide information on what boards they were getting trashed on .. not theirs biz.  Talked a good line.  We talked a lot about biz models (I'm an MBA) ..... but you know .. if you can't deliver product and make customer feel like you are the shit .... someone is going to eat your lunch.

bobby1

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 10:16:12 PM »

Do you think your conversation will result in something positive or will they keep on doing the same stuff?
Bob

mearic71

• Peach Photo
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2020, 11:11:41 AM »

So, I finally got a new HP 14 inch slab saw. Been using it for about 2 months now. it was bigger than I wanted but I'm glad now for the extra inches. It's so much better than the thing I was using. Very well built.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 36 queries.