Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deer Sky Jasper new colors  (Read 1549 times)

55fossil

Deer Sky Jasper new colors
« on: October 30, 2016, 10:34:28 AM »

I am posting several new slabs from this months prospecting. The red's are really that bold. The jasper was anything from junk to very solid. Most pieces had at least one fracture to work around but it looks like it will be worth it. I hope to dig some larger pieces soon.
      Finding jasper on Deer Sky is like a crap shoot. Pieces that you pull out that weigh over 100 pounds break apart, always. When I get lucky I may get a ten pounder but usually they are pieces up to 6 inches. If I get 20 pieces out of a big boulder that breaks apart at old seams every piece can and usually is different. One piece may be all chalk and the piece next to it the hardest and most colorful piece of jasper around.  Anyway, very little high quality pieces but I enjoy the hunt.
     I will be making some of these pieces into cabochons this week.

oh, and a picture of the sunrise from last week when I went out to my shop

Jhon P

Re: Deer Sky Jasper new colors
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 03:45:56 PM »

Very nice! No sphere size pieces?  nice picture of the sunrise, looks like a storm is in the making!

gjones

Re: Deer Sky Jasper new colors
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 02:11:34 PM »

Thanks for sharing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 31 queries.