Lapidary and Jewelry News > Website

Website design

(1/1)

bgast1:
I probably could have posted in the above thread but this way I can ask a more specific question. I have decided that for my online presence that I need a website. Actually an online store but with other areas like possibly a blog as well. I do not know anything about software or coding. I can learn though. I am asking for recommendations for the least expensive, easiest to get up and running software. I will be wanting to accept PayPal as my method of payment.  From what I recall from the past, I believe Dreamweaver is kind of expensive and I have no clue how it works.

iceopals:
I know lots of start-ups use frontpage or wordpress.   Those come immediately to mind.   Also, some hosting pages have software available for free when you host through them.   I have used Bizland for many years, and I will continue to use them until I choose to no longer have a web presence.   I don't know what better "testimonial" to offer up.   At least look them over.   If you do choose to go with them, they do have a referral program.   I would get a payout, and you may as well, not sure about that.   If you do, let me know and I'll make sure you have pertinent information.

bgast1:
Thanks. I will take a look at Front Page and Word Press. Can you do an online store with Wordpress. I have looked at Site Builder and even started messing around with it but have not found it to be very easy and I am not sure how to actually design from their templates. I will look at Bizland and if it looks like it works then I will of course let you know.

iceopals:
Hi again Bob,
Sorry, never worked with wordpress or frontpage, so really can't tell you about either, except each have really strong followings.    :glasses9:  I've used DW, but now need a new version so am looking for less expensive options.   I'm leaning towards coffeecup, but that is a programming language.   If I end up there I will let you know how it works.

freeformcabs:
Bob, I am a wordpress wiz. Hit me up anytime you have questions with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version