Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie here with my 1st tumbler!  (Read 1834 times)

CrystalAdmirer

Newbie here with my 1st tumbler!
« on: December 31, 2023, 07:04:35 AM »

A few months back, I opened my eyes to the amazing world of rocks and all the beauty that they contain... I've been addicted to learning all that I can and watching tons of videos on it all... For Christmas, my dad got me a Leegol Tumbler along with Poly Plastics Grits and Ceramic Media... :)  In addition, I didn't have much to tumble yet, so with a gift card, I also ordered a 3 pound batch of mixed Madagascar rough rocks and those are supposed to be delivered sometime today! I am sooo excited to get started and see where this wonderful new addiction/hobby may lead me! Years past, I never quite knew or paid attention to rocks and thought they were just dirty covered rocks.. Never mind all that you can find when you wash, tumble, and/or slice them open!  I have been addicted ever since I realized what I had been missing all of this time.. LOL

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: Newbie here with my 1st tumbler!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 12:21:08 PM »

Welcome !

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 10:40:27 PM »

Fantastic!  Remember that rotary tumblers take a long time each grind so don't get rushed and skip a step or take them out too soon.  Rough grind is the most important to soften those edges and wear down the rough to get a smooth surface to take to the next grits and make sure you do a solid cleaning between grit stages for the best possible outcome.  Glad to have you join the rock frenzy.

CrystalAdmirer

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 11:41:25 PM »

Thank you!!! I am absolutely loving this hobby so much already and I just can't seem to stop looking at, reading about, watching videos about, and just researching about rocks constantly!! LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 32 queries.