Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another hobby....kind of image related  (Read 1467 times)

northcanadian

another hobby....kind of image related
« on: March 19, 2017, 12:11:37 PM »

Hi again:

Astrophotography is another hobby that takes up my time.  I have a Celestron 9.25 sct telescope, odds and ends and a couple of astronomy cameras...some of the drill core spheres I am making look a bit 'planetary'
Newbie here...but I will try to post one of my Jupiter images

Cheers

Roger

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: another hobby....kind of image related
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 12:14:12 PM »

I may have to get my Husband to sign up here so he can chat with you regarding this.  Hubby is an amateur Astronomer as a hobby, and he wants to eventually set up a telescope to look at stars and then hook a computer and camera to it for photography.

northcanadian

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 12:20:23 PM »

Hi Amanda...yes, it is a great hobby also...Stargazers Lounge in the U.K is a great helpful site I use all the time...the members offer all kinds of advice for setting up, imaging etc.  Stellarium is also awesome free software for finding out what's up there, when etc.

Good luck

Roger

northcanadian

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 05:38:03 AM »

Hi again....also besides making spheres and astrophotography I have a few other hobbies.  I'm a retired commercial artist and also sandblasted etch glassware...mugs, marble and granite tiles etc. still do some painting and also do reverse glass gilding with 23K gold leaf (have attached a sample)

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Roger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 34 queries.