Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Cabs, new jasper  (Read 1879 times)

55fossil

New Cabs, new jasper
« on: December 30, 2023, 12:32:50 PM »

I found a new jasper this year. Not worth claiming as it is a small deposit of really low grade material with a few beautiful pieces. So, after hours of prospecting and more hours of trying to sort off some cabbing grade material, I did get a few cabochons. I cut a few new cabs and even made some new pendants for the family and friends. I will add some pics as time allows. I also took time to re-open my Etsy store today so been busy.
The two pieces with white to blue colors are my new find, calling it Owyhee Dreamin for now.....  I do hope to find more pieces large enough to cut into cabs. The piece of Montana is just among my favorite new cabs.
    The tusk shaped pieces are 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches. The last semi-oval piece is not a great cab but I just love the thing. Also from the new dig site.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Re: New Cabs, new jasper
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 10:35:32 PM »

Love the 3 tooth shapes hanging from the bails, gives them an almost Turkish look to them.  The Montana when I first saw it, the top dendrite reminded me of a destroyer coming out of a cloud bank.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.