Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: After-work Adventures  (Read 4200 times)

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
Re: After-work Adventures
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 10:29:10 PM »

That looks AWESOME!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

ToTheSummit

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 05:27:45 AM »

Loving the adventures Kaljaia!  Thanks for sharing.

Frank, I know what you mean about spatial intelligence vs remembering names.  I forget a name within seconds of meeting someone yet I have never been lost in my life.  It amazes my wife sometimes, she says I have a built in map in my head wherever we go.  I don't even really think about it, I just always know where I am.  It seems odd to me that other people get lost because it just comes so natural.

Kaljaia

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 07:31:22 AM »

Loving the adventures Kaljaia!  Thanks for sharing.

Frank, I know what you mean about spatial intelligence vs remembering names.  I forget a name within seconds of meeting someone yet I have never been lost in my life.  It amazes my wife sometimes, she says I have a built in map in my head wherever we go.  I don't even really think about it, I just always know where I am.  It seems odd to me that other people get lost because it just comes so natural.

I forget names and get myself lost, so I don't know which kind of intelligence I have (or don't have!) but though i lose track of things when hiking, I have not yet gotten myself lost when out on foot; only when driving do I get really turned around. My mom's got the constant compass in her head and my brother's got a near-photographic memory; I'm just good at asking for directions.

(But Interior Donnybrook was right where I left it, and that was encouraging!)

Broken thunder egg; matrix is pale green and interior is smooth bubbly quartz. This was a surface find and has an unusual rind and shape.

A few more whole ones and pieces. The tiny ones tend to have a grey 'yolk' center, but the bigger ones have the open quartz with lavender or orange banding consistent with Dutch Donnybrook and Old Military. Matrix appears red, pale grey or pale green.

False Pictographs from another hike. (If I had to guess, it's oxidation rings of something in the stone as the stone cooled; the bands seem unique to each jointed stone)
- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon.

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 05:20:29 PM »

Great pictures, Kaljaia.  Thanks for posting them.  Those false pictographs are too cool!
Robin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 33 queries.