Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: pietersite pendant  (Read 4292 times)

wheatguy

pietersite pendant
« on: November 17, 2017, 10:06:36 AM »

Thanks for voting for my pietersite cab this month!  Pretty cool to see it at the top of the page when I visit  :cool:

I thought I would post a picture of the pendant that I made with it.  I cut a smaller piece of sodalite for the accent stone.  I made this as a commission piece for my realtor as a Christmas gift for her sister.  I was pleased at how it turned out and she was over the moon with it!  Thanks for looking!
-John

Stonemon

Re: pietersite pendant
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 10:23:17 AM »

Wow.... very nice. You really made that one into a beautiful finished piece!   :Worthy:

Bill

Rooi

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 11:37:56 PM »

Thanks for voting for my pietersite cab this month!  Pretty cool to see it at the top of the page when I visit  :cool:

I thought I would post a picture of the pendant that I made with it.  I cut a smaller piece of sodalite for the accent stone.  I made this as a commission piece for my realtor as a Christmas gift for her sister.  I was pleased at how it turned out and she was over the moon with it!  Thanks for looking!
Hi Wheatguy
That stone is gorgeous! I am new to lapidary, and pietersite. Does pietersite have a light play similar to Tiger's eye? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900U using Tapatalk

Slabbercabber

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 05:55:23 AM »

Beautiful work all around.  A wonderful way to show a great cab.

Kaljaia

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 11:08:08 AM »

Wonderful visual balance and a gorgeous setting! I think anyone would be proud to own that piece.
- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon.

Asianfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 12:42:20 PM »

Its an absolutely gorgeous stone, and perfectly cut to really have all colours stand out.

That stone is gorgeous! I am new to lapidary, and pietersite. Does pietersite have a light play similar to Tiger's eye? Thanks

Yes, and even more so as the different colours stand out and  demand attention more than in tigereye.
Anything not given, is lost.

gemfeller

• Art Cut Gems
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 01:13:33 PM »

Your finished piece is very well done.  Not only is the featured stone extremely nice but your design is a fully realized concept combining balance, movement, repetition and simplicity.  Reversing the normal position of the pear shape makes it even more interesting I think.   I look forward to seeing more of your work.

wheatguy

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 11:11:06 AM »

Thank you everyone for your kind words about this piece.  I'm learning and exploring an artistic side that this scientist really didn't know he had!  I'll be happy to post more as I finish them up.

Rooi---yes, it's my understanding that Pietersite is kind of a mix of tigers eye and hawks eye and matrix, pretty much thrown in a blender and mixed up.  It has a wonderful play of light if you cut it right and is a lot of fun to cut and polish.
-John

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 04:35:42 PM »

Wow what a fantastic piece.  A perfect use of the form and design.  Very elegant, she will be very pleased for sure.

Pusscat

• Peter
    • Petros Rocks
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 08:55:05 AM »

Beautiful...looks like an alien landscape!

domdeslagons

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 09:14:59 PM »

I would have been over the moon too! :hello2: Really nice pendant!

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 08:12:51 PM »

whoah!
Pretty cool to see it set in that beautiful setting!!!!!

Rooi

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 07:13:56 PM »

Its an absolutely gorgeous stone, and perfectly cut to really have all colours stand out.

Yes, and even more so as the different colours stand out and  demand attention more than in tigereye.
Awesome! I ordered a new pieces to experiment with

wheatguy

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 11:05:33 AM »

Rooi...you will like it!
-John

Sapphireminer

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 02:14:09 AM »

Hi wheatguy you deserve to have that cab displayed at the top of each page it is a beauty and what you have done with it now makes me green with envy
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 55 queries.