Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Were back & running better than ever!  (Read 1616 times)

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
Were back & running better than ever!
« on: June 04, 2017, 08:08:30 AM »

I employed the help of a pro in simple machines forum programming to repair the latest mess i created just by hitting the update link in the admin panel to keep this place secure of vulnerabilities.

I asked Sir Osis (newer member and now site admin here) to repair the mess.
May have been a simple repair for him, couple days later and a bunch of hours messing with the templates & server files he completely killed all the issues.
We may be moving to a better hosting when our hosting on Godaddy is up due to restrictions and permissions with their hosting plans we may move in the future to a server with less restrictions.. All their restrictions deleted important files included in the update whice are needed to direct server commands for this forum platform to operate.

Sir Osis found all the problems and fixed them and replaced missing files the server blacklisted in the upload, him doing this made it so i didnt have to reinstall a new forum program & use an old backup of the forums which would have lost members and posts within the group.

The forum admin team has sent him $200 from the forum funds to pay him for his services, but that is only a drop in the bucket.
Buy him a beer (or 12) to thank him if you can, he deserves it!

If you feel you want to contribute to sir osis beer fund & buy him a beer for all his hard work, here is the link!!
CHEERS SIR OSIS!! :DRUNKS: :occasion14:
http://www.thekrashsite.com/donate.htm
Thanks Sir Osis!
Phish.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: Were back & running better than ever!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »

YeeHAW!   :icon_sunny:

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Re: Were back & running better than ever!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 03:24:05 PM »

:Worthy:   :DRUNKS:
Robin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 32 queries.