Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next dumb question, blade thickness ?  (Read 728 times)

Downwindtracker2

Next dumb question, blade thickness ?
« on: February 18, 2020, 07:38:02 AM »

My wife tried cutting a slab with the club's early Old Highland Park 10" trim/slab saw. It was too smooth to do much harm to the rhodonite slab.  Looking up blades, I notice thickness and types , 301 or 303. What this about ? This machine was part of a shop collection that was sold/given to the club, which I have been working on.

So she finished the cut on the clubs original 6" trim saw. This time it got cut. But I smelled, a bit of miracle considering where I had worked, an unpleasant odor. It also produced a smoke or mist in the light. The oil was fresh Lortone cutting oil.  Alex, he was  working on the fan for the saw area, suggested adding more oil to saw to wet it out. I then got a request for a splash guard. :icon_tongue:

I guess she was looking up blades and wheels after this and asked if anyone had dealt with Johnson Brothers Lapidary. She thought their prices seemed good. For the club's shop, it would be as much abuse as use, so for our small club, price would be a serious consideration.

Thanks for your help, Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 27 queries.