Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RH130 Hydrated Alumina polish, info please  (Read 786 times)

55fossil

RH130 Hydrated Alumina polish, info please
« on: October 14, 2018, 07:05:51 PM »

Well, I am trying some new polishes and old as well. I came across some RH130 Hydrated Alumina which I know nothing about. Anyone with info please jump in. I know that this may be a good polish if it is the soft material. But I do not want to test it on a dozen types of stone to see what works if someone has already got this nailed down.

Also, any opinions (ha) on favorite polishes. I know different rocks can require different polish. I currently have Zirconium oxide, tin oxide, cerium, sapphire polish, Linde A and the Hydrated Alumina, maybe others stashed away as well.  ????  Is Sapphire polish for Sapphires or just dust from Sapphire hardness rock????    30 years of fun and still so much to learn.

vitzitziltecpatl

Re: RH130 Hydrated Alumina polish, info please
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 07:55:25 AM »

Most sapphire polishes I've seen are just another name for aluminum oxide. They are a 9 on the Mohs scale so they are good for polishing corundum.

Can't comment on the RH130. Don't have any experience with that one.

55fossil

Re: RH130 Hydrated Alumina polish, info please
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »

Thanks Vince.  Guess someone thought it was good marketing with that name....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 31 queries.