Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chicken Track Jasper!  (Read 925 times)

R.U. Sirius

• asleep at the grinding wheel
Chicken Track Jasper!
« on: October 18, 2020, 04:51:04 PM »

I stumbled upon this chunk of rough at a local rockhound's pile, and am quite excited to start slabbing it. Looks somewhat porous, so probably satin finish at best, but that's fine with me. I can blame lack of shine on the stone  :grin:

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Re: Chicken Track Jasper!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 10:10:08 PM »

If you get any pattern you really want to cut with a high polish you can use Hxtal to seal and cure it.  I cut picture sandstone after sealing with Hxtal and this is the finish I get.  Due to the sealing it does darken the material a tad.

R.U. Sirius

• asleep at the grinding wheel
Re: Chicken Track Jasper!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 07:37:11 AM »

I cut picture sandstone after sealing with Hxtal and this is the finish I get.  Due to the sealing it does darken the material a tad.

Thank you for suggesting it. I'll see what test pieces do with the usual sequence first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 27 queries.