Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photographing minerals and crystals  (Read 1528 times)

Kaljaia

Photographing minerals and crystals
« on: March 15, 2021, 09:40:46 AM »

I am finally learning how to take those fancy black-background mineral pictures! A cheap lightbox, a lamp and a tripod. And a piece of black craft foam and a couple small glass jars for stands :P I posted some stilbite over on mindat and someone asked for decent photos so... took an evening to mess around and find out how one takes them! I am learning. These have no post-processing or cropping (enjoy my tiny jar lid) but the camera is on a hi-def image-stacking mode that brings out a lot of color, and is correcting for cold indoor lighting. Not as bad oversaturating as my cell phone, but still- if you had these in-hand and compared, it'd look a bit prettier on screen! (And now I can see all my dust, less-than-clean crystal faces, and cat hair...)

- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Re: Photographing minerals and crystals
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 07:03:35 PM »

Great work!  So many talents so little time as they say.

Kaljaia

Re: Photographing minerals and crystals
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 10:35:17 PM »

Great work!  So many talents so little time as they say.

Thanks! When it's too cold or too dark to cut or hike, it's either figure out how to mess with rock in the house and learn something or go watch tv :P
- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 29 queries.