Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: two examples of electrically conductive veins  (Read 114 times)

R.U. Sirius

two examples of electrically conductive veins
« on: September 28, 2021, 04:07:09 PM »

Native copper is relatively common, but these two confusionites look like they're something else... Both were found in a 1970s collection with apparently lots of material from Central and South America.

The first one is a dark slab with silver-golden veins running through. Judging by the Ohm meter (practically metallic), my guess is native silver.

The second one is a peach-colored, massive rough with patches of golden-colored inclusions peppered throughout. The inclusions have these dark halos around them, presumably from oxidation. The resistivity is on the order of hundreds of Ohms per mm length between the probes, so either not native metal, or a very fine-grained metal with lots of discontinuities. My guess is chalcopyrite.

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
Re: two examples of electrically conductive veins
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 08:38:01 AM »

i always thought of doing this lol!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 24 queries.