Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: It was a good day!  (Read 5774 times)

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
It was a good day!
« on: April 26, 2015, 03:29:53 PM »

Got out with a buddy of mine yesterday and were headed to a spot he knew about and I had heard of before but never been. First we stopped at a couple of fairly boring places with not much collecting on my part(hence all the photos) and the rain seemed to be coming in sideways all morning. my wet lil jojo girl salmon berries coming in so after a lack of hounding I suggested a spot I knew of up high in the mountains.... Well apparently it had snowed the night before upto 12+inches in places..eventually got stuck and I had to push the car around on a single lane fire road..it was a lil unnerving at best as I was in shorts and my water sandles..worst was it was raining when we got stuck and then it quickly changed back to snow and started with heavy flurries.. After getting turned around we swiftly headed back to the lowlands Okay so after that little fiasco with mother nature we went to our original place in mind and I came across quite a bit of some really nice listwanite :-) heres a pic of jojo for a little size reference inside the boulder the rest of the listwanite I collected   I also found a bit of serpentine like this one but it was really fractured but seemed fairly "gemmy" and translucent in spots so grabbed a bit..could turn into yard rock if its to fractured unknown large piece I found..kinda seems like a granite..there is some red spots I assume are garnets as well as large grained feldspar crystals in it. So I had a good weekend!! And I hope you all are too :-) happy hounding!!!

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: It was a good day!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 06:42:07 PM »

Looks like we both spent the day doing something we love!  You had a communion with rocks, a friend and your dog (Nothing better!) and I with my beads.  Life is good.   :icon_sunny:

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 08:52:03 PM »

dang, what a haul!

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 09:01:42 PM »

I like this! Jojo says you need your brain examined. Bring a sample of the last one when you come and that does look like very good listwanite. You can whack it with a sledge as the cracks do not seem to propagate in a way that destabilizes the rough. Good day I would say.

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 09:37:41 PM »

I like this! Jojo says you need your brain examined. Bring a sample of the last one when you come and that does look like very good listwanite. You can whack it with a sledge as the cracks do not seem to propagate in a way that destabilizes the rough. Good day I would say.
I will bring a good amount of the listwanite also for sharing purposes as well next time I see you :-)

Minkos61

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 09:45:22 PM »

An awesome day had by all I would say  :icon_thumleft:
Ernie

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 10:28:16 PM »

Got home from work about an hour ago and went right to it with a small pebble of listwanite that showed some promise on the rind and did a quick freeformed cabochon. Seems to undercut slighty in some of the more silicated areas. Pics of back and front :-)

GoodEarth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 07:40:21 AM »

Looks like a fantastic day. Glad you and Jeffie could get together. I hear that he only called you "pickles" once?

:)
PNW Rough Rock including
Olympic Poppy Jasper

Minkos61

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 09:00:08 AM »

Awesome job Gergis :icon_thumleft:
Ernie

Itsandbits

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 10:04:33 AM »

hoe the heck did you get that boulder into your vehicle??? I would have busted a gut in my best days......
nice stuff
rocks and people have a lot in common; one persons "leaverite" is anothers treasure

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 11:39:46 AM »

Geez I am tired just looking at your pictures...  Those rocks are HUGE!!!  Jojo is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute and she looks cold and wet and like she needs a hug!  :)  What a sweet little snausagey poochie.

The color and marbling effect in the Listwanite is nice- in the picture it doesn't look TOO undercut.

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 04:26:36 PM »

hoe the heck did you get that boulder into your vehicle??? I would have busted a gut in my best days......
nice stuff
With some super gergis strength for sure haha

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 04:33:22 PM »

Geez I am tired just looking at your pictures...  Those rocks are HUGE!!!  Jojo is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute and she looks cold and wet and like she needs a hug!  :)  What a sweet little snausagey poochie.

The color and marbling effect in the Listwanite is nice- in the picture it doesn't look TOO undercut.
Ooh no she was right at home out there hunting for voles and such in the rain..she was totally tuckered out by the time we got home thou :-)

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 06:20:49 PM »

we should come up with an all terrain hand truck.
Your spine just has to be killing you.

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 06:38:45 PM »

Whats a hand truck?! Haha jus kidding my back feels good..need todo this more often and get back into shape again..citys making me fat and lazy :-P
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 52 queries.