Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Website design  (Read 2843 times)

bgast1

Website design
« on: May 11, 2015, 07:18:46 AM »

I probably could have posted in the above thread but this way I can ask a more specific question. I have decided that for my online presence that I need a website. Actually an online store but with other areas like possibly a blog as well. I do not know anything about software or coding. I can learn though. I am asking for recommendations for the least expensive, easiest to get up and running software. I will be wanting to accept PayPal as my method of payment.  From what I recall from the past, I believe Dreamweaver is kind of expensive and I have no clue how it works.
Bob

iceopals

• Ice
    • Iceopals Jewelry
Re: Website design
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 07:24:02 AM »

I know lots of start-ups use frontpage or wordpress.   Those come immediately to mind.   Also, some hosting pages have software available for free when you host through them.   I have used Bizland for many years, and I will continue to use them until I choose to no longer have a web presence.   I don't know what better "testimonial" to offer up.   At least look them over.   If you do choose to go with them, they do have a referral program.   I would get a payout, and you may as well, not sure about that.   If you do, let me know and I'll make sure you have pertinent information.

bgast1

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 07:42:45 AM »

Thanks. I will take a look at Front Page and Word Press. Can you do an online store with Wordpress. I have looked at Site Builder and even started messing around with it but have not found it to be very easy and I am not sure how to actually design from their templates. I will look at Bizland and if it looks like it works then I will of course let you know.
Bob

iceopals

• Ice
    • Iceopals Jewelry
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 07:11:49 AM »

Hi again Bob,
Sorry, never worked with wordpress or frontpage, so really can't tell you about either, except each have really strong followings.    :glasses9:  I've used DW, but now need a new version so am looking for less expensive options.   I'm leaning towards coffeecup, but that is a programming language.   If I end up there I will let you know how it works.

freeformcabs

• freeformcabs by Shain Mayer
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 05:55:21 PM »

Bob, I am a wordpress wiz. Hit me up anytime you have questions with it.
~Shain

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 36 queries.