Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silver Metal Clay & Pickling Pots?! Oh  (Read 394 times)

AveIArts

Silver Metal Clay & Pickling Pots?! Oh
« on: June 03, 2022, 04:59:50 PM »

I'm somewhat confused about thewhole process, scratching my head. I purchased a metql kit last year, wanting to know more about it. I seen some online videos as one of a popular lady specializing in jewelry making techniques, etc. I do have a DVd, BUT I left it up at our cabin In Utah couple weeks ago, will be going back within the next again 3 or 4 weeks or so. In the meantime, I'm kind of at a turning point where I can dabble in it.

Sew/so I'm ready to buy a pickle pot and any other supplies I might need to get started on an easy project. I do have a kiln that I need to bring down to my inlaws house when I get the back patio cleaned up a bit.
...the answer my friend, is hidden under a rock!
Anita

AveIArts

Re: Silver Metal Clay & Pickling Pots?! Oh
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 05:46:56 PM »

O.K. I found more info on this subject.  I still would like to hear from ya.  :icon_thumright:
Anita

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 11:58:52 PM »

Surprised no one offered any answers.  I just got back from a rock collecting trip started on the 3rd, so apologize for the late reply.  Where to get started on describing the process of metal clay!  So much info and to put that in a post would be a nightmare.  One: it is easy to use and forgiving.  Keep the clay hydrated and don't let it dry out however you can add water and rehydrate to an extent.  You can make a piece let it dry, add more later, fire it and then add more after firing.  So easy.  I recommend buying a how to book on metal clay jewelry.  Most have multiple beginner projects to get you started and from there, with clay, the possibilities are limitless.  A tip if you want to do hollow forms is you can also use cork clay to form your negative inside shape, let that dry and then use the metal clay to form the outside, I did an Indian motif vase this way, so much fun.

AveIArts

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 09:50:19 AM »

Surprised no one offered any answers.  I just got back from a rock collecting trip started on the 3rd, so apologize for the late reply.  Where to get started on describing the process of metal clay!  So much info and to put that in a post would be a nightmare.  One: it is easy to use and forgiving.  Keep the clay hydrated and don't let it dry out however you can add water and rehydrate to an extent.  You can make a piece let it dry, add more later, fire it and then add more after firing.  So easy.  I recommend buying a how to book on metal clay jewelry.  Most have multiple beginner projects to get you started and from there, with clay, the possibilities are limitless.  A tip if you want to do hollow forms is you can also use cork clay to form your negative inside shape, let that dry and then use the metal clay to form the outside, I did an Indian motif vase this way, so much fun.

Hey there irockhound! Thank you for the tips...Yeah I'm surprised as well. Anyway, yes I will purchase a book on beginning clay creations. Sounds like a lot of fun. I know nothing about hollow forms and cork clay but will definitely look into it.   

I used to check my posts and messages every day but quit cuz I didn't have any notices. So I just check them every 3 days or so.

Live, Love and Laugh today, because tomorrow may be gone...
AIA, AveIArts (aka) Anita

Anita
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 34 queries.