Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Itsandbits is coming to play too!!!  (Read 3407 times)

Itsandbits

Itsandbits is coming to play too!!!
« on: August 29, 2014, 03:47:01 PM »

Hi y'all
Frank was nice enough to tell me where everyone was hiding :sad5: so I decided to come and join the  :occasion14: It looks as though I "know" most of you and to those I don't (Hello) I'm in south central BC and my name is
Lloyd
rocks and people have a lot in common; one persons "leaverite" is anothers treasure

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: Itsandbits is coming to play too!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 04:34:00 PM »

Heya Lloyd, nice to have you here.   :thumbsup:

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 05:19:56 PM »

Excellent! Welcome.

Itsandbits

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 06:46:30 PM »

Thanks Amanda and Frank
Are you on the road yet Frank?
rocks and people have a lot in common; one persons "leaverite" is anothers treasure

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »

Good to see ya, Lloyd!  Glad you came over.   :icon_thumleft:
Robin

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 07:41:04 PM »

I don't leave for Wyoming until tuesday.I went to a rock sale today where the guy changed the prices of materials after you put them in the bucket to go pay. Then he pawed through my bucket in the back of my truck after I paid saying he changed his mind. Since I had legitimately paid and had not changed my mind Gergis and I used a bit of sleight of hand to avoid a nasty confrontation. A rock sale where he didn't really want to part with his rocks , a new one to me.

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 07:48:30 PM »

Heyo Lloyd!  :occasion14:  :-) yeah that was a weird fella today frank! lol

Itsandbits

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 09:50:12 PM »

sounds like a strange way to sell; good for him if he can get away with it; NOT. were you guys wearing your bow ties and plaid pants again??? LOL

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 10:16:57 PM »

were you guys wearing your bow ties and plaid pants
you mean your not supposed to dress like a car salesman/clown?! haha

sealdaddy

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 09:53:09 AM »

I Really like the big saw you showed in your video cutting the black nephrite you found, buddt :hello2:

Itsandbits

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »

I Really like the big saw you showed in your video cutting the black nephrite you found, buddt :hello2:
Thanks Don
That's the sliding bed tile saw I reconstructed to be oil bath and gravity feed, the whole thing cost $300 for the new saw and parts for modifications; lots of unseen ones, and it didn't take too long to mod either. It's not pretty on the outside but it does a great job and the oil stays inside the cladding :) but doesn't get on the belt drive...

sealdaddy

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 11:10:30 AM »

[/quote]
Thanks Don
That's the sliding bed tile saw I reconstructed to be oil bath and gravity feed, the whole thing cost $300 for the new saw and parts for modifications; lots of unseen ones, and it didn't take too long to mod either. It's not pretty on the outside but it does a great job and the oil stays inside the cladding :) but doesn't get on the belt drive...
[/quote]

Everyone who sees the resin pad grinder/polisher you showed me how to make wants to make one too...the latest is Hans Durstling.
Please email me photos and instructions on that one to, my talented friend, OK?
How big is the blade on that one?
Did you start with a HF tile saw?

Itsandbits

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 03:23:32 PM »

I haven't taken any pictures of the changes I made but it should be no problem; just have to take the cladding off one side and it's just drop in. Have to sit down and think about the changes I made so I show them all....not too many but I'm going to be pretty busy the next week so I hope it doesn't take to long to get pics.

tntmom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 04:16:47 PM »

Hi Lloyd!!!!!!!!!  Welcome!  Hey guess what?  I have your stone sitting on my work bench as I type this.  Next up....... some gorgeous red :D

~Krystee
https://www.facebook.com/kristine.gniot

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift.... That's why it's called The Present.

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »

Hiya' Lloyd. It's really great you joined up over here. I'm sure everyone appreciates having members who have the ingenuity to build (and/or improve upon) good lapidary equipment. Most of us have probably cobbled together odd bits and pieces or re-purposed things designed for other uses with varying degrees of success, so it's nice to see really good design ideas.

Itsandbits

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 08:47:56 AM »

Thanks for the welcome folks
Hi Lloyd!!!!!!!!!  Welcome!  Hey guess what?  I have your stone sitting on my work bench as I type this.  Next up....... some gorgeous red :D
I know there's a lot of demand for your talents along with everything else you do so I was hoping one day to see something posted :) but as I said, they're all yours to do with what you will.... too many pretty rocks, too little time.

I can't say any of my ideas are original or work better than name brand Vitzit or that anyone else has made but you know what is the mother of invention; too many beers.... LOL  I like to make things that work for me and sometimes they actually do. I started out using a drill press to cut, and polish stones and carve and drill holes and still use use it for the drilling/carving and sometimes as a trim saw. 

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 11:51:29 AM »

Hi Lloyd, welcome to the famn damily!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 59 queries.