Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new website is up, started....  (Read 6178 times)

55fossil

new website is up, started....
« on: December 15, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »

I finally replaced my old website. Please drop in and see the new blueowyheegems.com    So far it is only cabochons and pendants I made.  I plan on expanding it as time allows.

GoDaddy  /  GoCentral websites:  Overall I am pleased. There are some definite limitations but good for the price. As far as build it yourself in one day...  I needed help and a bit longer. If you are computer literate you might be able to do it. 

Is it worth it. YES and no.  Making the cabochons and pendants is quicker than;  take picture, adjust picture, upload picture, add dozens of details as you fill in the blocks to sell the cabochon. Compared to working with many galleries this is not bad considering the difference in cost and huge buying audience. Better than having it go for a few bucks each at an estate sale...…..

ps;  I love Montana dendritic agate

Stonemon

Re: new website is up started....
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 02:19:30 PM »

Neal, your new web site looks great, easy to navigate and you gotta love the stones.
Looked at all of them. I may just get inspired and build one. ETSY is taking more and more as the days go by.
Well done sir.

Bill

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 06:09:24 AM »

Way to go Neal. We definitely know what you mean about the time it takes to do a website.

I looked at all of 'em too.

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 07:43:38 AM »

Great job on the website, Neal!  Very easy to navigate and the design is easy to look at.  Kudos!
Robin

gemfeller

• Art Cut Gems
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 08:42:21 AM »

Very nice website Neal.  I took a tour through it and found it well-designed and easy to get around in.  I like the clean look and the un-crowded format.  As for running a website, I've found my  website runs *me,* not the other way around.

ileney

Re: new website is up, started....
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 07:46:36 AM »

Fantastic website. I still haven’t done one and am jealous! Your images are beautiful and the photography really captures the character of the stones. That hell’s canyon is drool-worthy.I love the Dino bone and Montana’s too, plus many others. A few suggestions. 1) Go through and make sure you have dimensions on all stones. The deer sky on page 4 ( or possibly top of page 5) doesn’t say anywhere I could find. Description also missing from Indonesian pyrite. 2) describe how the back is finished, if applicable, so the buyer knows if it can go in an open back setting and how easy it is likely to be to set. I really like the size and formatting of the pictures. 3) if someone were to search for rutilated quartz, your amazing deer hair agate doesn’t come up. Maybe you can add a few words so it would come up if someone googled needle quartz or rutilated quartz.  I think that stone should go fast. Very nice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 35 queries.