Lapidaryforum.net

Rockin' Jewelry => Show and Tell!!!! => Topic started by: Helene Fielder on December 25, 2015, 06:42:14 PM

Title: Lapis Earrings
Post by: Helene Fielder on December 25, 2015, 06:42:14 PM
Last piece I had to make for Christmas.  A neighbor wanted a special pair of earrings made for his daughter. She wanted blue.  So Lapis was my first choice.

It was a pleasure to cut a stone.  Been out of practice.

Hello to everyone and Merry Christmas.
Title: Re: Lapis Earrings
Post by: hummingbirdstones on December 26, 2015, 06:59:56 AM
Awesome earring, Helene!  Love the shape of them.  Welcome back - we miss seeing you around here and Merry Christmas! 
Title: Re: Lapis Earrings
Post by: Enchantra on December 28, 2015, 03:38:12 PM
Gorgeous.  I love the modern shape and line within the pieces.  The lapis fan shapes add weight to the design that complements the contrasting gold.
Title: Re: Lapis Earrings
Post by: wampidy on December 29, 2015, 05:15:48 PM
I guess it is merry new year now. Stay safe all if you go out.

Those are marvelous young lady. Did you make the metal pieces too or did you get them out of your husbands tackle box. Okay, that was way wrong but I couldn't help myself. Why does everything you make just seem to always fit together? You must be an artist or something. In my dreams I am not an equal.
Jim
Title: Re: Lapis Earrings
Post by: Helene Fielder on December 29, 2015, 09:58:31 PM
Thanks Jim.  I did do the metal work, and not from my husbands tackle box.  You are too funny. 
Unfortunately my husband passed away two years ago.  I would have shared with hm what you said and he would have smiled also.  I am finally seeing a future and finding I smile a whole lot.  It feels good to smile. 

Thanks for missing me.  I want to active once again.  Last four months of the year is lots of work for us potters.