Lapidaryforum.net

Rockin' Jewelry => Show and Tell!!!! => Topic started by: Phishisgroovin on February 28, 2016, 06:42:36 AM

Title: Deer creek fire agate , stars in the rock
Post by: Phishisgroovin on February 28, 2016, 06:42:36 AM
So, when i originally exposed this nodule from under another cab i removed from the host stone, I seen what reminded me of orions belt.

The rock shop i frequent had a shop cat that was the coolest cat ever, his name was Orion, named after the star constellation Orion.
He passed away awhile back, i gave this to the rock shop lady in his memory.

 
Title: Re: Deer creek fire agate , stars in the rock
Post by: Asianfire on February 28, 2016, 07:40:01 AM
Nice one. And very generous of you to let it go that easily. :)
Title: Re: Deer creek fire agate , stars in the rock
Post by: Phishisgroovin on February 28, 2016, 08:22:32 AM
i have a habit of giving my creations away for some reason.
wish i could get some of the money i spend making things back, but those smiles i see and the confusion in peoples faces of "why are you giving me this, i dont deserve this" look is priceless.
Title: Re: Deer creek fire agate , stars in the rock
Post by: ToTheSummit on February 29, 2016, 05:33:45 PM
I can totally relate to giving things away.  I have never even considered selling anything I have created.  I get so much joy out of giving away my creations that I forget there is a monetary value there.  I've just handed over cabs that I probably could've easily sold for $50.

My friend bought a new car recently and wanted a rock to keep in his car (he keeps one of my stones in the console of each of his cars).  He saw this one and decided it was the perfect fit.  I only had this stone in my possession for about 24 hours after it was completed.
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/ToTheSummit/Random%20Rocks/TigerEyeCab_zpsihapidcf.jpg) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ToTheSummit/media/Random%20Rocks/TigerEyeCab_zpsihapidcf.jpg.html)
https://youtu.be/MSABUVz_IQw
Title: Re: Deer creek fire agate , stars in the rock
Post by: Phishisgroovin on February 29, 2016, 06:17:41 PM
man i love tiger iron.
I have some big ass chunks of it lol!
Title: Re: Deer creek fire agate , stars in the rock
Post by: Phishisgroovin on February 29, 2016, 06:18:10 PM
i guess you could say i only like rocks with a flash in them except Imperial jasper lol!
Title: Re: Deer creek fire agate , stars in the rock
Post by: wampidy on April 24, 2016, 07:29:33 AM
I give most of my stuff away also but I seldom get a chance to give for a purpose like your Orion piece. Great stone, great gesture, hmmmm must make you a great man.
Jim