Lapidaryforum.net

Rockin' Jewelry => Show and Tell!!!! => Topic started by: lithicbeads on April 22, 2016, 09:14:29 PM

Title: A necklace for my gate
Post by: lithicbeads on April 22, 2016, 09:14:29 PM
I needed a lot easier way to get into the gate because I need one hand on the crutch all the time.  So we decided that a really nice kumihimo braid supplied by lithicstrings and a bunch of my beads with 4 mm perforations would fit the bill.  We've got a little bit of an issue with weight not allowing the gate to relatch easily, but I suspect a little spring in the right place will make everything correct.  Its really nice to see the beads out in the sunshine. 
Title: Re: A necklace for my gate
Post by: hummingbirdstones on April 22, 2016, 09:28:19 PM
Cool idea and tres chic!
Title: Re: A necklace for my gate
Post by: wampidy on April 24, 2016, 07:22:04 AM
Prettiest gate opener I have ever seen but so old fashioned. It needs a remote control like us "Americans" have to have on everything possible. My answer to this problem would be to stick a remote control to the gate and put a little sign by it "out of  order" and everyone would think you are modern man but lazy because you do not fix it. ;)

I would give just about anything for a drilling system like you have (except $2000) so I could make probably half as many, half as beautiful beads as you. But I figure that half of you is about one point five of most people.

I really wish you would turn off your wind because it is trying to blow us into Kansas. Not so bad at night though because I get rocked to sleep.
Jim
Title: Re: A necklace for my gate
Post by: lithicbeads on April 24, 2016, 09:22:25 AM
This year the wind does not stop. fishing season is coming up on half the island lakes and the other half which are always open has had big wind problems for the small boats thus far.One small lake is just behind the sand dunes next to the ocean and it has huge brown trout in it. Rainbows to 28 inches are no slouch either but the browns are very big and stay in heavy weed until November each year when they come out looking for moving water to spawn in . There are no streams running into this spring fed lake but it is in a rocky bowl and the howling prevailing winds move the lake around so there is current in a few places.I use two big anchors on my drift boat and fish in waves over 3 feet tall and catch salmon sized browns on sized14 scud patterns on bottom moved and inch at a time. It is strange trying to be fishing so accurately in a maelstrom but when a huge brown takes you to your backing on a surface porpoising run all is forgotten.
Title: Re: A necklace for my gate
Post by: wampidy on April 26, 2016, 07:31:32 AM
I could not deal with that much wind especially when fishing. I would lay down in the boat and wait for you to catch enough for both of us but trout that big would be a hoot.

I used to take my son and his friends fishing on the Musselshell river near ROUNDUP (honest) Montana and we would catch 10 to 15 pound blue catfish. They weren't fast like a trout but they were like hooking a car bumper and with 6 pound test line it would take half an hour to get them on shore. Best bait was a live frog that you stepped on just before casting. It was a bit like house to house vacuum sales, you had to deal with six to eight junk fish between cats. Lots of shad and bull heads. The boys would get so mad at the shad they would try to invent new ways to kill them.
Jim
Title: Re: A necklace for my gate
Post by: Enchantra on April 26, 2016, 10:02:09 AM
Love the gate opener!  Necessity is the Mother of invention!   :thumbsup:
Title: Re: A necklace for my gate
Post by: Gergis on April 26, 2016, 10:33:03 PM
Cool strand! I recognize most the "locals"(stones) in there ;-)

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: A necklace for my gate
Post by: ToTheSummit on April 27, 2016, 05:16:42 AM
Good looking strand of beads.  The gate looks new also.  Just build it this year?
Title: Re: A necklace for my gate
Post by: Gergis on April 28, 2016, 12:46:25 PM
Good looking strand of beads.  The gate looks new also.  Just build it this year?
Me and packlithics built the fence up to keep out the local deer last summer. It turned out very nice :-)

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk