Lapidaryforum.net

Rockin' Jewelry => Show and Tell!!!! => Topic started by: Amethyst Rose on August 19, 2016, 03:27:51 PM

Title: Baxter Blue Faceted wire wrap
Post by: Amethyst Rose on August 19, 2016, 03:27:51 PM
Our friends Kevin and Patti have found this new deposit of blue chalcedony in the Mohave desert and named it Baxter Blue.  My wife saw this faceted piece at their booth at the Contin-Tail in Buena Vista.  She immediately wire wrapped it in sterling silver wire as the gold wire didn't make the stone stand out as much.  Stone is 11.25 carats

Bob Johannes
The Amethyst Rose
Title: Re: Baxter Blue Faceted wire wrap
Post by: irockhound on August 19, 2016, 04:09:19 PM
I have never seen a chalcedony that deep in blue from anywhere in the world that was not dyed or treated. I am NOT implying that it has been treated or dyed but I am saying they have a gold mine.  I have a spot in Mojave that has Purple but still not of that caliber.  I am amazed to say the least.
Title: Re: Baxter Blue Faceted wire wrap
Post by: hummingbirdstones on August 19, 2016, 05:20:19 PM
 :WHOAR:

Are they selling any rough?
Title: Re: Baxter Blue Faceted wire wrap
Post by: Amethyst Rose on August 19, 2016, 07:05:59 PM
Beautiful cab there.  Kevin was saying that only about 5% is this dark blue but they still had several 100 grams of rough this dark a blue and kilos of a lighter blue but still better than any Namabian I've seen.  wish my wife could find the 2 pieces of rough we bought!


Bob Johannes
The Amethyst Rose