Lapidaryforum.net

Rockin' Jewelry => Show and Tell!!!! => Topic started by: womanwithatorch on September 15, 2016, 12:18:44 PM

Title: Reversible Pendant, Purple Cow Jasper and Argentium
Post by: womanwithatorch on September 15, 2016, 12:18:44 PM
Happy Trails / The Mingling, reversible pendant of Purple Cow Jasper and Argentium Sterling Silver.
The purple cow jasper was generously donated by Redrummd in return for accepting his forum donation challenge back in May.  Thanks again Redrummd!  I've entered the pendant in a juried exhibition, "Storytelling in Metal" hosted by the Florida Society of Goldsmiths, .  (Jurying hasn't begun  yet.)  Both sides of the pendant have a story, too long to post here. If you're interested, see my blog: http://www.womanwithatorch.com/blog

thanks for looking!
Title: Re: Reversible Pendant, Purple Cow Jasper and Argentium
Post by: Enchantra on September 15, 2016, 02:26:31 PM
This is a very beautiful pendant. 
I really like how you did the metal work around the stone.   :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Reversible Pendant, Purple Cow Jasper and Argentium
Post by: Jhon P on September 15, 2016, 09:22:36 PM
It's alive!!! a vine is growing on it.  Way cool, good to see something different.
Good luck with the exhibition.
Title: Re: Reversible Pendant, Purple Cow Jasper and Argentium
Post by: womanwithatorch on September 28, 2016, 06:23:30 PM
Thank you! That's exactly what I was going for. The story that goes with it is all about a beautiful walk in the woods, where lots of tangled vines grow! Alas, it did not make it into  the Storytelling in Metal show. I'm not discouraged, I know my work isn't mainstream and this one is pretty far out, even for me! I do love to tell a good story so I'm happy about it.