Lapidaryforum.net

Rockin' Jewelry => Show and Tell!!!! => Topic started by: MurphyStone on October 04, 2016, 12:05:49 PM

Title: My attempt from a tutorial
Post by: MurphyStone on October 04, 2016, 12:05:49 PM
Read a tutorial on the old site, tried this the best I could remember.  First try came out alright, im sure it will improve.

Also a pietersite in scalloped bezel with hidden bail.

 

Title: Re: My attempt from a tutorial
Post by: Jhon P on October 04, 2016, 12:15:40 PM
Cool , I remember seeing that tutorial
Title: Re: My attempt from a tutorial
Post by: Steve on October 04, 2016, 02:13:07 PM
Jhon.........That was a tutorial that I posted on the old site................I'm glad you liked it enough to try it.  Looking very good, especially for a 1st attempt.....................Keep it up.

Steve
Title: Re: My attempt from a tutorial
Post by: MurphyStone on October 04, 2016, 04:19:47 PM
Thanks for posting it!

Quote from: Steve link=topic=233
0.msg18215#msg18215 date=1475615587
Jhon.........That was a tutorial that I posted on the old site................I'm glad you liked it enough to try it.  Looking very good, especially for a 1st attempt.....................Keep it up.

Steve
Title: Re: My attempt from a tutorial
Post by: MurphyStone on October 04, 2016, 04:21:09 PM
Truth told the first try I melted off a dagger.
Title: Re: My attempt from a tutorial
Post by: Steve on October 04, 2016, 05:00:09 PM
Truth told the first try I melted off a dagger.

Me too.......More than only once...........I still do it on occasion if my mind wanders when I soldering the points.......

There a couple of other tuts on the old site for different things...............
Title: Re: My attempt from a tutorial
Post by: lithicbeads on October 04, 2016, 08:30:31 PM
It is very cool that went full circle.
Title: Re: My attempt from a tutorial
Post by: Steve on October 05, 2016, 11:27:34 AM
Sorry Murph I read the wrong reference when I posted mt response............D'Oh...............

I've got a suggestion for the next one:  Put the joining seam for the picket fence gallery bezel at the bottom of the of the pendant.  This way the soldering won't be as noticeable as most people will be looking down onto the pendant when worn................
Title: Re: My attempt from a tutorial
Post by: MurphyStone on October 05, 2016, 08:12:17 PM
Sorry Murph I read the wrong reference when I posted mt response............D'Oh...............

I've got a suggestion for the next one:  Put the joining seam for the picket fence gallery bezel at the bottom of the of the pendant.  This way the soldering won't be as noticeable as most people will be looking down onto the pendant when worn................

Appreciate the guidance.  Thanks only been doing this for about 3-4 months or so. Everything helps